Thursday, May 30, 2013

Honey-Grilled Tenderloin

This is from the Southern Living 2000 Annual Recipes I am picking my way through.  I have a George Foreman grill with removable plates that perhaps you have heard me rave about, and so I knew that even if the weather did not permit Stevie to grill this outside, I could still make it.  This recipe has sesame oil in it, which I bought a while ago for a recipe and am really enjoying using.  It has quite a strong flavor, and very yummy.  And a very light texture.  Yum.

Honey-Grilled Tenderloin
1 1/2 lbs pork tenderloin
1/4 cup lite soy sauce (I used regular)
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tbsp brown sugar
3 tbsp honey
2 tsp sesame oil

Make a lengthwise cut down the center of the tenderloin(s) to within 1/4 inch of opposite side; press to open.  Combine soy sauce, garlic, and ginger in a shallow dish.  Add meat.  Cover and chill 3 hours, turning meat occasionally.  Stir together brown sugar, honey, and sesame oil.  Grill meat, covered with grill lid, over med-high heat 20 minutes, or until 160 degrees, turning occasionally and basting with honey mixture.  6 servings.

I did end up making this inside.  It smelled great and tasted great.  We had this with a potato salad recipe that I found years ago that does not contain my nemesis, mayo (blech).  A very yummy meal.

No comments: